Found myself peering into the fridge one evening, deciding what to cook for myself as husband was out gallivanting. Because I had been lazy to get myself to the supermarket – typical behaviour, really – I was left with few options. Sliced fish, prawns, fishballs, hmm. That spelt “noodles” and “soup” automatically in my mind but I wasn’t in the mood for noodles and soup.
Ah, stir-fry it is then.
Here’s the recipe – again, I am not quite the chef so everything is based on approximation and how I felt that day. Heh.
What you will need:
* 5 prawns (deveined but keep the shells on)
* 1 small ginger, julienned
* 1 onion, roughly chopped
* 1 clove of garlic, rough chopped
* Half a cup of white wine
* 1 tbsp of olive oil
* Heat up the oil in a pan
* Fry the ginger and onion till fragrant, about 1-2 minutes
* Add the garlic into the pan and fry for another 1-2 minutes
* Thrown in the prawns and cook till the prawns turn pink
* Add the white wine and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes
It’s so easy to prepare and after chopping up a tomato and mixing it with feta cheese (yums!), I have a nice, balanced meal after a long day’s work.