The rules that come attached with this award:
1. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
2. Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
3. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
4. Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers.
I’m not going to pass the award on, simply because I am sleep deprived and cannot think straight. Yeah, mental leap season is upon us. I know, I know, when the heck is it not mental leap season? Good times!
So here goes, the 11 random facts about me.
1. I cuss like a sailor. Terrible. I tried to stop but I can’t. It’s so unrefined and unbecoming of a kim gek but hey, if it works…
2. My feet is tiny, I wear size 35 shoes. It’s annoying sometimes because the shops run out of this size very quickly!
3. Despite my unruly hair, I have never straightened nor rebonded it. I don’t have the patience to sit at the salon for hours on end. This is why my hair always looks like the lion’s mane.
4. When I was a kid, I was often lonely and would stare into the night sky, pretending that the stars were twinkling down at me. That began my affinity with astronomy.
5. I have my mother to thank for my love for writing. She brought me to the library regularly when I was a child, and indulged in my love for books despite the fact that we didn’t have much money.
6. I’m stubborn like a mule. Once I have set my mind on something or someone, nothing can change my mind.
7. My kid peed on me after his bath this evening. Cheeky little bugger.
8. I may not look it but man, do I love my food!
9. I don’t keep my nails long, thanks to the habit instilled in me during my piano-playing days. Long nails make me feel all icky and weird, and they get in the way of everything.
10. Growing up, I have never been one of the girls who was popular or attracted the jock. Nay, I only drew the interest of nerdy boys. I don’t know why!
11. Even though I have the body of a stick insect, the mammaries of a pre-pubescent child and skin resembling an oil field, I have never been one of those girls who wished to be like a supermodel. Strangely enough, I never hankered to be perfect and was happy being gangly ‘ol me.
Part of deal requires me to answer 11 questions that Katrijn had for me so here are my answers.
1. What song or performer will make it onto every mix tape or spotify list you’ll ever assemble?
Adele’s rendition of Make You Feel My Love. It will always remind me of that time when I hit rock bottom and had to claw my way out slowly.
2. What book or article are you still thinking about?
Today, it’s Cloud Atlas! I am thinking that it might be a book that would appeal to me.
3. Where on the internet do you waste most time? And where on the internet do you find most interesting/inspiring/influential news and stories?
Actually, the Internet is my playground. I get distracted easily and move from site to site quite quickly. For news, I love New York Times. It’s really my daily fix.
4. What newspaper/website/twitterfeed do you follow to keep abreast of current events in your geographic area?
Channel News Asia.
5. And where will you take me when I come to visit?
The Botanic Gardens.
6. How do you meet locals in your neighbourhood?
At the lift landing and at the playground.
7. How would you describe your style?
Eclectic. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I am all about vintage Stepford Wives and other times it’s menswear for me.
8. What’s your favourite hobbyhorse to get on? What do you love to hate?
Hmm, that’s a tough one. I guess it would be the lack of flexible working arrangements in Singapore in general. And I love to hate ugly behaviour. People being rude, people being inconsiderate etc. Don’t get me started.
9. What parenting taboos or practices have you come across in your culture?
HA. HAHAHA. I’m all about breaking traditional parenting practices. I don’t feed my kid porridge, for instance. Many of my parenting principles run parallel to those of attachment parenting.
10. What parenting practices do you think should be adopted from elsewhere?
Gosh, that’s hard. I don’t think I know enough to say for certain. What I would like, however, is shorter working hours. If I can just get off from work 30 minutes earlier each day at 530pm, that would give me the opportunity to actually do stuff with my little man.
11. When and what made you change your mind?
Phew! That’s a long one. I’m off to bed soon, please do take on the questions if you feel like! And please feel free to share your answers with me.